As more companies migrate to SIP trunks and use Session Border Controllers (SBC’s) or CUBE, it becomes increasingly important to include the this data in your overall analysis of routing and traffic. An SBC/CUBE sits between the company and their service provider, and is typically deployed at the edge of a company’s network (border).
Since all sessions that pass through a company’s network border actually pass through the SBC/CUBE, combining this data with voice platform data provides a clear picture of how calls are routed in/out and to/from the entire infrastructure. Microcall’s integration with SBC’s (CUBE, Avaya SBC, Sonus, Oracle Acme, AudioCodes, etc.), in addition to CDR reporting, provides optimal cradle-to-grave analysis.
- Determine Max Peak Usage on each trunk, multiple trunks and/or gateways.
- Show maximum number of concurrent conversations on SIP trunks.
- Measure QoS Analytics – Jitter, Packet Loss, Latency.
- Discover SIP trunks that are under-utilized.
- Follow calls “cradle-to-grave” from the voice platform through the SBC to confirm that calls are routed correctly.
- Analyze Backend SIP calls that route to third party vendors for customer service/help desk calls.
- Review Ingress and Egress paths to better understand how calls are routing.
- Determine which trunks have the capacity to handle new location additions.
- Confirm if carriers are load balancing correctly.
- Review SIP traffic to verify the accuracy of SIP provider billing statements.
- Analyze existing TDM trunk activity to determine how moving that traffic to SIP will impact existing SIP trunks.
- Measure off-site call centers and employees that use SIP phones from their home.